Monday, January 25, 2016

Decluttering, and it's SALE time!

Hi, friends!  I hope you're all staying warm and enjoying your January so far!  Does anyone really enjoy January?  Is January even an enjoyable month?  I'm not sure.  But here in west Texas, we've been enjoying (there's that word again) unseasonably warm weather.  Like, in the 60's during the day.  Sometimes the 70's!  What in the world?  And I'll admit that I ENJOY the boys playing outside all afternoon, so I guess there's that.

Their outside excursions give me small blocks of time to wade through my neglected sewing room.  I say neglected, because all summer long, I sewed in my dining room.  (It's WAY too hot to work in my un-air conditioned sewing shed in the summer.)  So instead of keeping my sewing room neat and organized, I just tossed my fabrics and junk on the ironing board. . .



or on my sewing table.


And I pulled fabrics off the shelves all willy-nilly. . .


and let my fabric bin overflow.


I'm kinda regretting that now.  My husband says that my sewing room makes him worry about me.  I'm kinda worried, too.


So I'm rearranging, purging, gifting, and reorganizing my way to a neat and productive work space again.  I think I remember hearing that while decluttering, it looks worse before it looks better.  Yeah.  Let's go with that.

these scraps are all on their way to new homes.

new, improved, and pruned scrap box


I still swear by the fabric folding and organizing technique featured on The Alison Show blog.  I also try to get things UP and OFF the floor, to save precious space, so that's the thought process behind this. . . .



It's taking more time than I thought it would, and I'm just not done yet.

*sigh*

But I can walk through there now, soooo... PROGRESS!

Now that that little bit of embarrassing truth is over. . . 

I'm also cleaning some refabulous shop inventory -- all red birds are just $5 each!  So go grab one (or 4) before they're gone for good!  :)




Now, I'm off to rearrange and declutter the sewing room some more.  I'm quite motivated to finish, because the sooner it's clean and neat, the sooner I can get back to sewing!  I'll post pics when I finish. Wish me luck!  :)

Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha! I think I'm driven more by desperation than courage at this point! ;)

      Delete
    2. Good luck and keep at it. I only have a small space and that gets out of hand sometimes, but I think sometimes things get a bit messy when you are creating so don't beat yourself up about it if it gets that way again. Just have a good clear every once in a while like you are doing now. If all we did was tidy up we would never get around to making stuff! xx

      Delete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts