Monday, October 26, 2015

10 DIY Halloween trick or treat bags

Every year at Halloween, we go on the hunt. . . for the cheap plastic pumpkins that I'd purchased (AGAIN) the year before.  If any are found, they're most assuredly cracked, missing its handle, or cemented with those those gross orange and black mystery goo candies that no one ever eats.  So then I'll typically rush to the store to pay another dollar for another crummy pumpkin bucket that won't survive the year.  Or I might just hand the kid a plastic bag and send them on their way.  Depends on the day I'm having.

But this year will be different!




No more last-minute trips to the dollar store for clunky plastic junk (that hogs up way too much room to store anyway!)  I whipped up a bunch of these EASY treat bags for the kiddos, over the course of two distracted afternoons.  They came together very quickly!  Each kid chose their own fabrics for their bags, making each one unique and special.  ;)  I love that!


I also love that they can be washed, and folded up flat and stored easily (and safely) for next year.


I didn't use a tutorial or pattern; just drafted a basic tote in the size that I wanted.  They're fully lined, so they're extra sturdy -- and reversible!


I found a lot of super-cute (AND FREE!) trick-or-treat bag tutorials and patterns online and wanted to share them with you in case you're so inclined, and sick of the old plastic pumpkins, too. . . .



structured Halloween Trick or Treat Bag, with optional paper piecing pattern,

Trick or Treat Bag, with embroidery / applique options

Easy Treat/Tote Bag with felt candy corn applique

Trick-Or-Treat Bags, with free embroidery patterns


Mini Felt Halloween Treat Bags (perfect for party favors!)



I hope you're inspired by one of these adorable (and easy!) tutorials to make your very own bags!  

Have a favorite treat bag tutorial, or one of your own?  Share the link with us in the comments below!

Talk to you soon, and happy crafting!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts