Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Eco Market Bags and a big update

Hello, friends!  I've been working on a couple of posts for you, and while those are not yet publish-ready, I still wanted to drop in and give a little update or two.

First, some shop news. . . .

I've added a brand new product to my refabulous shop -- Eco Market Bags!  They are patterned after the ever-present plastic bag, but the design and construction of my handmade market bags blows plastic bags away -- completely.





Not only are they pretty, they're strong, versatile and unique!  I used high-quality cotton fabrics, almost all designer prints, and mixed them with cotton or vintage fabric linings.

Viva Frida fabric in aqua -- VERY rare and hard to find,
with a lovely vintage red floral fabric lining

 a sweet vintage cotton bird print, with a vintage floral fabric lining

We've been using these bags ourselves for years and years, and take them everywhere -- picnics, hiking, the zoo, the pool, the library.  Oh, and of course, to the grocery store.  Totally washable, and super-tough.  These also fold or roll up into a convenient, space-saving little bundle.


And did I mention that these are super-SUPER-roomy?  Plus, the comfy handles won't cut into your hands like the plastic bag handles do.  BONUS!  :)

true story!

I'm a little excited about these, as I'm sure you can tell.  I hope you'll drop by and take a peek!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Please also take a moment and share, pin and/or comment!  I love hearing from you.

The Other update. . . .

Custom orders have been keeping me really busy lately, which is good. . . .


massive twin bed-sized minky blanket and hundreds of pins.  OUCH.

. . . because it's keeping me busy and not focusing so much on the fact that my oldest dear Monkey is ABOUT TO FLY THE NEST.  She's ready.  I'm sorta ready, but I'm not.  
I always knew this day would come, but you don't think it ever really will.  
I'm so excited for her, but I'm nervous and scared and I want my baby to stay home with me forever.  
But I know so many wonderful opportunities and adventures await her, and I have to let her go.  

Friends, this is so. damn. hard.

Soooo we're keeping busy with the sewing, yes. . . .

she whipped up a t-shirt quilt in a day!
but then packed it before we took any pics. :(

. . . but also with hunting down furnishings and treasures to furnish her very first place of her own. . . .

 thrift store in my kitchen

every new place needs a tiny llama, right?

I'm just trying to keep it all together inside.  Sewing helps.

I should have another blog post up for you by this weekend... hopefully!  Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. HI! I'm Sella, from the Netherlands! love your site! do you have a pattern from the bag with the birds, love that one?!
    Hope to hear from you.
    Kind regards, Stella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stella! I'm so glad you dropped by! Thank you for your kind words! The pattern I used was an actual plastic bag from Target (I liked the size!) The tutorial I used was this one from Craftster: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
      It does help to read through some of the comments, to help with the trickier parts of the bag (like the handles.) Good luck, and enjoy! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!