Monday, May 25, 2015

A little sewing and my new refabulous shop

Hello, friends!  I have so very much to tell you, but I think I'll start small for now. I haven't been sewing for the past several weeks due to having surgery last month (more on that later.)  I've been released to sew -- yes, I specifically asked my doctor about that -- haha! -- so I'm going to get started on that now.  Like, today!

I'm feeling better now than I have in YEARS, but I only have one chance to recover properly so I'm following doctor's orders to the T, and taking things sloooowww... it's hard sometimes.  I'm impatient.  ;)

In the long weeks leading up to my surgery, I found that sewing was very calming to my nerves.  I couldn't sew for long blocks of time; I had to take frequent breaks due to feeling like absolute hell but the sewing sure helped soothe me.  Some of these projects were gifts, some were custom orders. . . .

First up, a little outfit for my sweet friend Erin's precious bambino. . . .




Next, some uber-frilly-girly pants!  I haven't sewn girl stuff in FOREVER.  My girls were never really girly-girls, so this was fun!  I sewed these for a local businesswoman, and hope to make many more.


A boho sling bag custom order/request.  It was a brand-new style and pattern for me, but in the end, I really enjoyed making it.  My sister (the requester) loves it, too!




And a giant diaper bag. . . .



Bright batiks and sweet prints -- very roomy.  This one was a gift, and I think the mama was pleased.  :)

And refabulous news. . . .

Many of you know I've quit Etsy, and was searching for a replacement platform on which to sell my handmade bags and such.  I've decided to use Big Cartel.  I'm not sure how I'll like it, or if I'll stay with it, so I'm only using the free trial listing set-up -- one photo, five maximum listings, very limited options.  That's fine.  We'll see how it all works out.  I'll probably upgrade soon so I can get a better feel for the platform.

Now, you can find my refabulous handmade bags at this storefront:


 http://refabulous.bigcartel.com

UPDATE:  my shop is still located at http://refabulous.etsy.com  :)


Which, by the way, is a work in progress, so please be patient with me as I work on it over the coming weeks.

You can easily navigate there from my blog by clicking on the shop refabulous tab. . .


What's available now?

Just two bags.  More coming soon, hopefully, but for now. . . .

I have this large diaper bag that I constructed from vintage linens, high-quality cotton prints and a designer (out-of-print) Michael Miller cotton print.  Very roomy, practical, and very sturdy!



Vintage linens line the interior, and is also flat-lined and interfaced for extra durability and stability.  This one-of-a-kind bag should last well into toddler-hood!


And I also made this sweet little messenger bag. . . .


It's constructed from vintage raspberry corduroy, pink ticking, and designer Heather Ross cotton berry print.  Sewn for durability and style. . .



I'm also taking some custom orders, so if you have any requests, let's talk!  You can reach me via email -- just click on the "contact me" tab above and go from there!

I'll be in touch soon.  We have so much to catch up on!


Until then, have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. I just thought it was another funny little detail that I just found your blog today and my Folksy store is called Refab. All the best with your new platform, I didn't do very well on Etsy myself, it's so big! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! ;) Thank you for your well-wishes, and I wish the best for you and your shop, as well! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts