Thursday, February 19, 2015

Exercising and not sewing

So much for more frequent posting.  After that last tutorial, I was all sewed out / blogged out for a bit.  Since then. . . .

we've had new babies. . . .




Our rescue dog, Maybe, had a little too much fun while Brendan was last in the hospital.  I sincerely wish the neighbors would keep their dog put up. . .  the very same dog that killed our chickens and barn cats.  >:-[  grrrr!  Anyway, the pups are here and adorable and opened their eyes today for the first time.  Sweet!  And don't worry... Miss Maybe will be having her lady surgery as soon as she's able.

  I mean, who doesn't love a puppy pile?


We also have a new smile. . . .


and new plumbing. . . .

 boo.
YAY!  DIY!

and sweets. . . .



my valentine

and then Lent whispered in.

half the brood, after noon Ash Wednesday service

our Lenten prayer journals

Somewhere in all of that, there was this light bulb. . . .

Last summer, I went to the gym almost every day, and went down 2 dress sizes. And then I got all sad and mopey and depressed because of my frequent migraines, and then I thought the migraines were keeping me from the gym.  I all but gave up on exercise and health and stuff.

But then, a LIGHT BULB!  I reframed the migraine vs. exercise dilemma:  even if I have 8 migraines a month (I've actually had 5 so far this month,) there are still 20+ non-migraine days every month.  20+ opportunities to work out!  So, for the past couple of weeks, I've been going to the gym every day that I haven't had a migraine.  It. feels. wonnnderfuuul.


And I decided to get really serious about it, so I started tracking my food intake on MyFitnessPal again.  You can follow me there, if you want.  My food diary is even open to friends.  Don't judge....  Actually, you can if you want.  I just won't care.  ;)

I also found all sorts of fabulous instagram accounts (like this one and this one) of positive, happy people getting in shape naturally, the old-fashioned way -- hard, sweaty work and good, healthy eats.  They inspire and motivate me, especially when I really don't wanna leave my warm bed at 5:15 in the morning to go to the gym.  I've got to start somewhere.  Baby steps.


I've lost 5 pounds so far, but I'm staying off of the scale for a long while.  I don't even think I'll take measurements.   I used to obsess over numbers BIG TIME, and I refuse to fall back into my old eating disorder ways.  I'm using the my-clothes-are-getting-all-baggy method of measuring my progress for now.


Sewing and shop update. . . hello?  helloooo?


I have some other heavy-duty stuff on my plate right now, so I'm not sure when I'll update my shop.  The sheer enormity of writing all new item descriptions, styling new products, photographing and then editing hundreds of photographs... that pretty much overwhelms me just thinking about it.  I'll probably sew a wee bit when I find some snippets of time.  But in all honesty, those things are not really on my radar.  That's life.  My life, your life, our lives.  I'm sure you understand.


I'll be back soon.  I promise.
Talk to you later.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE the strawberry bag. Awesome colors! You are absolutely beautiful in that picture! :) The dogs are so sweet and adorable...I want one. ;) And that little child holding the cookies...yeah, he's a charmer. Can he marry one of my girls? :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thank you, Jenn! I love how the bag turned out! And you are more than welcome to one of the pups. If only you lived closer.... And Owen? Yes, he's such a sweet little guy. I think he's a few months younger than your #6? Perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I did live closer. Would love to drop over for a "spot of tea" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look awesome and you look awesome and I don't know how you manage it all! Most important thing is for YOU to take care of YOURSELF! And it would give anything for GLUTEN cookies. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!