Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tidy-up Tuesday

Hello, friends!  I spent some time last week tidying up around here, hopefully making this blog more useful for you, my readers.


Just above, you'll find multiple tabs/pages (finally!) so you can easily find my tutorials and patterns all in one place.  Hope that helps!

I'm also planning to post more regularly.  I'm aiming for three posts each week, so hopefully we'll be seeing more of each other.  :)


UFOs. . . .

the current state of affairs

I'm also tidying up my sewing to-do list.  Clearing my backlog of promised sewing projects is my top priority this month.  Once they're finished, my time (and mind) will be open to new projects and tutorials!  First up, diaper bags. . . .

WIP:  two pink diaper bags, using 
new designer fabrics and vintage linens

I had promised to sew diaper bags for two dear ladies. . .  last year.  Then life happened, migraines happened, and Brendan's surgery happened, and now those two precious babies have been earthside for a few months (at least.)  Yikes.

these sweet vintage linens line the pink bags

I'm sewing four diaper bags -- two for my friends, and two for the shop.  If I'm making two, I might as well make four.  The extra time for the additional bags isn't that much.

the other two bags are constructed of 
mostly new designer and batik fabrics.

I'm only sewing in the evenings and on the weekends, so as to not interfere with our homeschooling hours.  I find myself daydreaming of sewing while listening to my 8 year-old read aloud about horses or Viking conquests.  *eyesglazeover*  I also have to work around those blasted migraine days.  So my sewing progress will be slow, but hopefully steady.

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you to be on this new journey. It's so important to have a creative outlet. LOVE your fabric choices, too, by the way. Happy sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! I'm enjoying this so far! ;) I just hope the bags turn out nicely, and that the recipients like them!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts