Monday, January 26, 2015

Progress, not perfection

We're making some progress around here.

Brendan, especially. . .


How beautiful is this?  He still persevering in his PT, three times a day, every day.  I still can't believe how well his knee is healing and functioning.  It looks so normal!  He has a check-up this week, and I'm betting he'll be off of his crutch (he's only using one now) and maybe even out of his brace very soon!



Getting some sewing done. . .


more pics to come. 

One diaper bag down, 2 1/2 two to go. . . another one's half-way finished.

I'm also working on a new project. . . 

but I'm keeping it a secret for the moment.  I'm cutting the fabrics for it during school lessons, so I'll have more actual sewing time during my precious few sewing hours.


multitasking.

On Saturday. . .

My sweet Monkey 7 and I attended his First Holy Communion preparation retreat at church.




It was really sweet and meaningful.  His First Holy Communion celebration will be in May, so we still have some preparation to do at home before then.

. . . but not perfection.

I was sitting at his retreat when a migraine struck.  No idea what triggered it, and it wasn't too bad at first.  I was able to get some sewing done, off and on, throughout the weekend, but by Sunday evening, I just couldn't function any more.

my brain last night

So today I'm coming out of a 2-day migraine.

I'm grouchy and yelly and ugly during and afterwards.  I wonder if the pain will ever end, or if this is my life now:  just cycles of pain and not-pain, Jekyll and Hyde.

I suppose I'll just take things a day at a time and find out.  I'm trying to focus on the beautiful things in my life, and not so much the ugly and painful.  I fail at this.  A lot.

But I'll keep trying. . . .





Progress, not perfection.
Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Be gentle with yourself. It's not easy thing living with pain. I know it affects the lives of everyone around us, but our children will remember that we were there for them. We loved them. We did the best we could, despite our health problems. When they are grown and looking back, I really don't think our kids will go, "Hey...you know...mom was great...except when she was feeling horrible and couldn't open her eyes and couldn't function and was in crippling pain......" I mean, you know? They will see that time as trying (as it is) and will understand that we did the best we could at that moment and despite our pain, we were still *mothering* I love you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder, Jenn! "Be gentle with myself." Perfect. Love and hugs!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts