Friday, November 28, 2014

Peace, pie, and preparations

I hope you all had a wonderful, safe, and sane Thanksgiving yesterday!  We spent the day baking, cooking, eating, napping, and laughing.  Perfectly peaceful!

my "peace."  I love these wild monkeys....

paper plates.... classy!


This morning was our annual Pie for Breakfast Day.  Naturally.



Preparations. . . .

Our Gratitude Tree comes down tomorrow, in preparation for the first day of Advent on Sunday.  I love how much it grew, and it always makes me a little sad to take it down.

we actually ran out of leaves last week, a first for us; 
otherwise, the tree may have grown even larger!

I've been sewing more felt bird ornaments in the evenings, when the littles are in bed.  It's a nice way to wind down, and they're so easy to make.  Here's the tutorial if you want to make some yourself!   If you'd like to purchase some of the little birds instead, I'm going to list some in my shop next week {HUZZAH!} so be sure to check back later.


I'll have a quick Brendan update for you tomorrow, so I'll talk to you then!

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I've been making felt heart ornaments. Love the birdies, though. :) I put a drop of essential oil on the ribbon hanger part, before stitching it onto the heart. They smell amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a GREAT idea! I'd love to make some balsam scented ones for our home during Christmastime. . . Lizz is very allergic to the real trees, but I do miss the real Christmas tree smell. Maybe I should try that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts