Sunday, October 19, 2014

The calm before the storm

after pre-op, a relaxing evening stroll, enjoying the Texas sunset

THE SURGERY is tomorrow, and I think we're as ready as we humanly can be.  He's more ready than I am, but that's how it goes with moms, I think.  We met with a dozen different personnel and departments on Friday. . . .



We've been informed of every possible scenario and outcome, perhaps, and signed more consent forms than I could have imagined possible.  We're praying for less pain and more leg stability and functioning.  If that's the eventual outcome, then the surgery will be a success.

While waiting for Monday. . . .

We're staying with one of my sweet, gracious sisters while waiting for THE SURGERY.  Brendan is watching lots of football, resting his leg.  I got to visit one of my old thrift store haunts. . . .

this is where it all began. 

HEAVEN.  We don't have thrift stores like this out in west Texas.  Not. even. close.  Of course we found a few monstrosities, like this catty gem. . . .

BRRRREEOOW MEOW.  so ugly, it makes me smile.

But this. . . .



. . . this makes the digging SO worth it.  Three yards of new, pristine Amy Butler Lotus Morning Glory print, plus a couple of yards of new fleece (not shown,) bundled together for a paltry FOUR BUCKS.  Super-score!

And then there's this. . . .

 
many thanks to my other amazing sister, 
for sending me updates and reminders like this!

 I'm away, and they don't understand.  I've never been away from the home for an extended amount of time.  This is so hard on everyone.  But I'm so, so thankful for smart phones. . . .


This jumble of noise and confusion and smiles and squeals melts my heart, and makes this separation more bearable.  

Not easy, but bearable.  And hopefully, worth it.


Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sending so much love and stabilizing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts