Friday, August 30, 2013

Big, busy, boring

Still here, folks.  Cookin' up a healthy bun, which seems to sap a LOT of energy these days.

30 weeks, last weekend
note to self:  next time, wear a belly band under that shirt!  LOL!

Although tired, I'm feeling otherwise pretty good these days -- more energy and less swelling than in any of my other pregnancies.  I've only gained about 7 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight (which is nothing to be proud of, but still....) and that's a WHOLE lot less than the 30+ lbs I'd have typically gained at this point in pregnancy.


Around 16 weeks along, I started eating a low carb, low glycemic diet as described in the book, Trim Healthy Mama.  The healthy lifestyle described in that book has completely changed my thinking and attitudes about food, and (thanks be to God) helped me break my HUGE sugar and carb addictions.  I never, ever feel deprived, and it's relatively easy to do... and not to mention safe during all phases of life (pregnancy, nursing, menopause, etc.)

OK... I'll stop here with the THM talk, before I geek out even more over it.  Buuuut if you're interested in checking out some Trim Healthy Mama recipes and tips, I happen to have a Trim Healthy Mama Recipe pinterest board.  ;)

And I'm also. . . .

Still taxi driving my family around, here, there, and everywhere.  Still fighting the tidal waves of toddler messes, that never end, even when they're teens.  So I'm keeping busy, but with things that are too boring to
blog about.

So I did sneak in a sewing project or two over the past few months. . . .

Remember the blue and yellow bag that plagued my dreams, haunted my imagination, stymied my creativity? I was finally, FINALLY, motivated to finished that bag when I read about the Quilt As You Go (QAYG) technique.  It kinda looked like fun, so I gave it a try, and guess what?  It WAS fun!



a mixture of new, reclaimed and vintage fabrics, of course!

I used this fantastic tutorial on Sewtakeahike, after seeing this tote on Fresh Lemons' blog. Give it a peek, give it a try.  It's a great way to use up your scrap fabrics, and it comes together pretty quickly!  YAY!  My sweet friend (and new owner of the bag) was happy with the bag, so I'm happy.  I feel I should mention that I bartered the bag for the above-mentioned Trim Healthy Mama book.  Not a bad trade!  ;)

More news and another sewing project coming up on the blog next week.   See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I got so many compliments today when I was out and about with my gorgeous purse! :) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made my day, Jenn! I'm so glad you like it. But it's almost time for an official DIAPER BAG, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come across this page by accident , thank you for all that information , I keep your blog in bookmarks, it is very clear and precise, thank you for the work
    voyance gratuite par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts