Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas crafting, part 2 -- DIY fox pillow


Another last-minute sewing project!  I made this gift for my lovely 15 year-old daughter, who is completely obsessed with all things fox.  This sweet fox pillow was so easy, and so much fun to make!  I used this DIY Plush Fox Doll tutorial on the lovely blog, A Beautiful Mess, and crafted the pillow from all stash fabrics and materials.  I used a unique rust-colored diagonal corduroy for the body, gifted to me by my sister, and a thrifted upholstery fabric sample for the belly.  The face is made from eco felt scraps, from my stash.



It's a pretty big pillow, measuring 24" tall and 18" wide.  It's firmly stuffed, swallowing up two whole bags of polyfil!  That's a lot of stuffing, but I love the way it feels and sits.


While constructing the pillow, I cut a little 1" square notch in the two bottom corners, and then sewed the notches closed so that the pillow has a flat bottom, and more dimension to the pillow.


I'm happy to report that Monkey 3 LOOOOOVED her fox pillow, and would LOOOOOOVE some more pillows.  Right after I replenish my polyfil supply. . . .

Tomorrow:  The Raccoon Scarf
And in case you missed it: super-easy pajama pants

See you then!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's really cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maddie! It was so much fun to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there must be a way - but how could I turn this into a raccoon?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!