Monday, November 12, 2012

Easing in

I've been feeling a wee bit overwhelmed these days, with sick kids (again!) and no sleep (still!)  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, with 3 of my Monkey Teenagers now working in the public sector, and coming in contact with any number of assorted germs and whatnot, and bringing them home to share with the rest of us.  Lately, any time I even thought about sewing, or writing, or posting anything at all, my heart would get all tight and panicky -- it suddenly becomes all TOO MUCH.  My new mantra:*
 
I decided to back off, take my time, do what I can, and let things run their course.  So, a big thank-you to those of you still around to read this!  I can't promise more posts, more frequent posts, or any posts at all, but I'll do my best when time allows.  OK, I can actually promise ONE post, only because I've already written it.  It will be up tomorrow.  YAY! 


*I spotted this saying on pinterest, and I was immediately moved by it.  It's so simple.  Instantly years  of self-punishing perfectionism began to melt.  I HAD to make this, so I could see it and constantly be reminded.  So I imperfectly painted the words, on imperfect vintage fabric, and hung it on my imperfect wall.  I love it.

See you tomorrow.  For real.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know,I think you're pretty amazing from what I've read. Don't be so hard on yourself. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tierra Verde... I'm learning. :)
    And thank you, camelama, old friend! Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!