Thursday, August 2, 2012

One of those weeks

I'm sad to say there will be no Thrifty Thursday post today.  It has been a week, folks.  One of those weeks.  I've been handling this crazy baby. . . .


Majorly fussy.  Going through a Wonder Week, the wonderful 37 to be exact.  Nine kids later, and I finally learn the name of the clingy-cranky-fussy-crying-crazy phase that accompanies big mental leaps.  Did I mention he's not sleeping after 2 am?  Is there a fancy name for that?

And in 15-minute increments, I was doing this, which may have preserved my sanity during said Week 37. . . .

folding all the pretty fabrics!



after watching this. . . .


And once you're in, you're in deep.  You gotta finish.  You can't just quit.  Sooo, it looks like a tornado hit in here right now, but I know it will be worth it once I'm done.  I've found fabrics that I don't remember buying, and I've purged about a garbage bag-full of unwanted fabrics so far!  (I'll post a before and after pic, IF I ever finish.)

But tonight, I'm doing this. . . .


Washing machine repair.  I've been without my washer for 11 days.  Can you imagine (please don't) the laundry generated by 11 people for 11 days without a washing machine?  We have made a few stops at the laundromat, so at least the Monkeys are technically clothed, but it has not. been. fun.  I will also spare you the details of just trying to have a simple replacement part delivered to my home, which also took 11 days to get here, since it had to be shipped out twice.  And here I thought it would be easier for me to replace this one little part myself than to call a repairman.

Yeah... one of those weeks.

For the weekend (I am SO already there) I plan to gratefully fold laundry and blissfully fold fabric, while praying my littlest Monkey will move on from this cranky phase very VERY soon.  I miss my normal semi-chaotic life.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! As if the days aren't crazy enough...without anything added to them!! I never really thought about it being a mental leap for the babies (why they are so fussy at this age, etc) but that makes so much sense! She is trying to walk, she is talking, she is eating more solids, etc. so yeah, that's gotta be it! Hope everything calms down in a major way for you real soon...having a washer will help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that wasn't Madelynn, it was me (her momma)...still signed in as her! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Madelynn's Mama. ;) HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts