Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I must have made God laugh. . .

. . . because I made some plans.  Simple plans, like "do school," or "sew," or "take a bath."  The Littlest Monkey has been sick for about a week now, and demanded to be held 24/7.  (I wouldn't mind so much if my arms didn't cramp up from holding the chunky little guy, and an occasional hour of sleep would have been nice....)  He's still not 100%, but no more fever, no more puking in the past 48 hours, so I'll take a little crankiness and be grateful.


While I've been in a sleep-deprived daze, my girls have been busy. . . .

These 15-pound boxes arrived a couple of weeks ago.  They contain a never-ending wellspring of silky fabric goodness!  I opened the boxes, and more and more and more colorful, gorgeous fabric scraps ooooozed out.  They were all medium- and large-sized pieces, too, and so many lovely colors.

The cutting of circles has begun. 
These are the scraps of the scraps. 

We received this fabulous stash from an awesome gal that makes flags for high school flag corps.  (Sorry, but what is the plural of "corps??")  She didn't want to trash them, and of course I jumped at the chance to take them off her hands!  YAY for not going to the landfills (and YAY for going right into my hoard stash!)

even the scraps' scraps are pretty.

The Monkeys are planning to make themselves some bright hair pins and headbands, using my oldie-but-goodie tutorial.  We never seem to tire of singeing fabric with a candle.  ;)

you can find the tutorial HERE

I'll try to remember to post pictures of their creations, but I'm not making any plans.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids (even when sick) are sooooo happy. With the red hair and the lovely smiles, they are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!