Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sewing for the New Monkey

As usual, I've waited until the very end of my pregnancy to begin making handmade items for the New Monkey.  I'm 33 weeks now, and I'm only going to 38 weeks this time 'round.  That leaves five weeks.  Five. WEEKS. to get things done.


I know (and learned the hard way) that if some things don't get made or sewn, the world will not end.  I probably won't even miss it.  I do this for me -- as a creative outlet, and my baby and family are blessed by it.  So I'm going to give it my best shot anyway, regardless of my ever-shrinking time slot! 

Colors. . . .

I've chosen aqua and orange for the layette colors, plus lots of other autumn-y colors thrown in for good measure.  My awesome sister (who is much more on-the-ball than her big sister) made this crib quilt for the baby a couple of months ago. . . .  (click to enlarge the photos!)

 This side is made from THE softest flannel ever!
sweet appliques
 . . . SO cute!  And absolutely perfect.

This is the fabric I will be using for the diaper bag, with perhaps aqua piping and accents. . . .


Now, for The List. . . .

These are the items I really want to make, and in order of "importance:"
The list isn't really toooo intimidating, other than the diaper bag.  I'm already bracing for that project, as the pattern reviews I've read say it's pretty intense!  I'll probably start on that first, as I know it takes the longest to sew as well, and I'd like to take my time on it. 

Other than that. . . .

I've got several eco shopping totes cut out, and just waiting to be stitched together.  Hopefully, those will be finished and listed in the shop over the weekend.  I also have those colorful buntings (seen here) cut, sewn and pressed, and simply waiting to be assembled to the fabric bias tape.  I'm not sure why I haven't finished those up, but I'm hoping to finish at least a few sets, and list those in the shop very soon.

I think that's enough to keep me busy for the next few... um, five... weeks.  I'll keep you posted on my progress!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally posted a pic! You look wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL need to make a diaper bag, which need was anewed by my 3 year old diaper bag ripping completely open at one of the side pockets! Thanks for linking to the gauze! I was wondering where to find some!

    By the way, you are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous!

    I can't seem to remember....did you tell us whether New Monkey is a boy or girl? You may have...my brain is mushy from the start of this new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I'm blushing!* Thank you for your kind comments! :)

    @Erin - oh nooo! Three years is a long time for a bag to last, though! Please post when you make your bag. I love your creations!

    @Tanya - You know, I don't think I did reveal! We're having a BOY. (And best of luck to you this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!You look fabulous.I'm loving the sweet quilt and the bird fabric is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had any sewing talent WHATSOEVER! It would be nice to make my baby something... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts