Monday, June 27, 2011

The Story of Naughty Pippi


Pippi Cat: a very naughty cat, and much beloved by her large family anyway.

Pippi longed for adventure, action, romance. Someone left the back door ajar, and she saw her chance to escape the confines of quiet domestic living. So escape she did.

After a two-day bender of running wild in the west Texas countryside, Pippi limped home, downcast and ashamed. Her family was overjoyed to see her again, but alarmed at her rough and weakened condition. A trip to the emergency vet determined that the naughty Pippi had been struck by a car, permanently dislocating her pelvis and severely breaking her leg.

What to do? What to do? Our vet recommends amputation now that she is healthy enough for surgery. "Tripod" cats rebound quickly and adapt fully to this type of surgery. The other alternative. . . well, we didn't consider it. So for now, she hops and hobbles and we wait and save. . . .

Pippi enjoying the aroma of catnip mouse "cores"

Pippi is currently cast-free, as restraining the leg at this point would cause more harm than good.  Most days she drags her leg, but sometimes forgets and tries to put weight on it.  Quite pitiful to watch.  :(  We have almost half the cost of surgery saved up. . . and could really use your help with our little project. . . .

The Help for Naughty Pippi project. . . .

I've been sewing up a large batch of special edition catnip mice for my Etsy shop.  Each mouse is cut from a unique fabric, never to be repeated.  Some fabrics are vintage, some are designer, and all are from my insanely massive stash.  The proceeds from the sale of these mice go directly to help offset the cost of Pippi's surgery.  

available here

So my plea to you is to simply help spread the Story of Naughty Pippi to your kitty-loving family and friends.  Or, if you happen to be in the market for a new little mouse yourself, please consider purchasing one of my catnip mice.  Either way, you'll also have the warm fuzzy feeling of helping our kitty transition into a pain-free life, and of blessing our family to boot.

Pippi today.  (Her broken leg is the hind leg on top.)

No kitty of your own?  Consider donating a Special Edition mouse (or two) to a cat rescue or to your local humane society.  Remember the kitties of friends, family and coworkers. . . for a surprise, or shop early for Christmas.   Maybe adopt a mouse to keep you company at work or home. (They won't move your cheese.)

available here

Any help you can offer would be so greatly appreciated by our family. . . and especially by Naughty Pippi.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments below, or convo me via Etsy.  I'll be adding more mice to my shop every day this week, starting tomorrow, so be sure to check back often to see the newest designs.  Also, I'm posting our savings progress on the little thermometer-widget-thing over on the left-hand side, so you can follow along, too, if you like.   Thanks again, and I'll be updating Pippi's progress as time goes on.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your cat has been injured so badly. I can't purchase any mice right now, but I have your blog on a note taped to my desk. As I have 3 cats, I'll buy 3 mice as soon as I can. Love all your sewing and embroidery. I live in AZ so it's hard to imagine you're drier than we are, but you are!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts