Sunday, February 20, 2011

A tiny bit of stitching

This is more of a catch-up post, as I forgot to show you these tiny little embroideries -- all the way back from early January!   These were done for another Embroidery Hoopla Swap, on Craftster.  My partner in this round is the lovely savage pixie, who made me this adorably tiny Texas-themed hoop!


Just a mere 4" in diameter, and such beautiful stitching!  And look where the tiny heart is. . . home sweet home.  :)

I made my partner this teensy seahorse in a 3" hoop. . . .


It was my first time stitching on dark fabric, and I loved it.  (And she loved it, too!)   It was one of the quickest pieces I'd ever stitched -- maybe 3 hours? -- and all but the outline were free-handed.  So fun!


Unfortunately, I'll be sitting out of the embroidery swaps for awhile, just for time and sanity's sake.   (Don't worry - the Baby Onesie Swap is still slated for next month!)  But I can't quite keep away from the needle and floss completely. . . .


Another tiny 3" hoop, stitched up while watching an episode of The Office.  This one's a little gift for a very special gal.  I'm so loving the notebook-printed linen, aren't you?  What have you been stitching / sewing/ crafting lately?

4 comments:

  1. I love that sea horse! Where did you get the ruled paper fabric? It makes my teacher heart smile!

    I recently did a couple of hoops for myself, one is a Buddha and another set based on Potter Puppet Pals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on a pair of socks for a while now...but I just turned the heel and am on the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that notebook linen. Where did you get that? I would love to have some to do something special for my girl (who loves to write!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for hoops and knitting! :)

    I got the notebook linen from an Etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/stefaniexu?ref=seller_info
    She was very sweet and very prompt, especially shipping from China. But be aware that the red "margin" lines are only on one side... there aren't more "margins" across the width of the fabric. But I figured it would be easy enough to stitch another red line wherever I want one, so it's not really a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts