Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lemony lotion

One thing I quickly learned after moving out here to the desert is that the air is really dry.  Really, really dry.  My skin and sinuses protest daily at this humidity-deprived climate!  I remembered that I had seen a few recipes for homemade lotion, so we decided to try a simple one. 


This is the recipe we used.  And here are a few reflections on this simple recipe:

  1. SUPER easy to make.  It took like, oh, 3 minutes to make the lotion.   What took the longest?  Letting the lotion set up overnight.
  2. We made it lemonade-scented -- so yummy!  We used lemon EO, coconut fragrance oil and a little vanilla fragrance oil for extra sweetness.
  3. It's definitely a light, summer-y lotion. . . not the heavy-duty skin cream that we really needed during this dry winter season.
  4. I'll add some cocoa butter to my next batch.
  5. We didn't use a preservative, so we store the lotions in the fridge.  I imagine this would be quite refreshing in the summertime!
I hope you'll give it a try!  And please let me know of any tips, suggestions or ideas you have for our next batch... I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!