Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shirt insanity!

You knew it was coming.  Yep: the Week of Baby Onesies Swap on Craftster!  It's my favorite swap, and I always look forward to it.  I love trying new techniques, improving old ones, and challenging myself to try new designs.   I crafted for larger kiddos this round, so no actual baby onesies.   (The girl shirts are for a private swap, and for an older child.) 

The accomplishment I'm most proud of this round?  Conquering my fear of sewing knits!  I made long sleeves for several of these shirts, using thrifted shirts for the fabric.  (This striped fabric was once a cute Gap top!)  I didn't even break out my serger, and they all turned out great!  Most of the girl shirts were inspired by themes, shirts or other items on my partner's wists. . . . 










 And these are for a sweet little boy. . . .






So I'm about all crafted out, on the swap-front.  I think I'm going to take a break from swapping. . . at least until the springtime shirt swap rolls around.  :) 

OK -- that's not entirely true.  More swap goodies tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Those are incredible!

    Oh. I just noticed the alien at the bottom corner of the last shirt. SO CLEVER!

    I'm only a teensy bit appalled that you cut up an awesome black and white striped Gap top... I've been looking for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every last one of them is great, much better than the mass market junk in the stores.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts