Friday, November 19, 2010

Hoopy goodness

While I love the baby shirt swaps, I think I've found a new obsession:  hoop embroidery!   I've participated in two rounds so far, and have received such lovely hoops!  In this second round, I received a beautifully sweet and simple poppy. . . .


My partner is an amazing artist.  (Please drop by her colorfully delightful blog!)  The poppy has a special, private meaning for me, and the colors and design are so just. . . me.   I love it!

I love bright colors, but I don't seem to work with them as much as I'd like.  (I wonder why?)  But I stepped out of my comfort zone, and thoroughly enjoyed stitching this little 4" hoop for her.   I used the same split stitch fill that I used on the monarch butterfly. . . .

(inspired by this.)

And in the previous round, I received this sweet portrait of a girl . . .


My partner was new to embroidery, and I think she did a fantastic job -- and that makes it all the more special to me.

There's another hoop embroidery swap next month, and the hoop size is just a wee 2.5"!  But I think I'd better sit this one out.  For real.  I mean it.  Christmas-time crafting is about to get caRAAzyy. 

1 comment:

  1. Connie, your stitching is absolutely beautiful! You rock, Girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts