Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lost and found

Lost. . . .

I had big plans, big ideas.  I opened another Etsy shop, wanting to fill it with hand-embroidered felt goodies.  I would focus on badges, brooches and teeny banners to share and give to others -- an award and merit badge sort of theme.

Buuut, I lost momentum.  I lost the desire.  And I really just don't have the time.  :(

So I want to share some merit badges I had made for a swap (which actually inspired me to open the shop in the first place!)  They're about 2.5" to 3" in size. . . . lots of fun, teeny tiny stitches!


I couldn't stop smiling as I stitched these.  These were silly or real awards, for things the swap partner felt they deserved, or wanted to earn.  I imagined the smiles on their faces when they opened their packages. . . .


 . . . and I thought, "Everybody deserves a badge for something."  Wouldn't it be nice to surprise someone with one?  Or even to give a little happy gift to yourself for something achieved, dreamt of or imagined?   I want to make badges for everyone.  :)


And found. . . .

An AMAZING, local thrift store!  Oh, yes, I am overjoyed!  I found over twenty-five vintage pillowcases on their shelves.  Don't locals know what a treasure these are?


And these are just a sampling of the ones that came home with me. . . .


I can hardly wait to go back and raid their shelves hunt for more treasures!


A very sincere thank you for the comments and emails I received last week regarding our losses.  They were exactly what I needed, and I appreciate your kindness and prayers.  Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous for your pillow cases!!! And what a charming picture of them just fluttering there on your clothesline...how vintage of you to think of that!!! : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your badges!!!! How much would one cost that says: Math Tutor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! Your badges are so awesome. I love the fruit basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a badge! I can't wait to make some. I think I should make a sash, like the boy scouts and add a badge whenever I need to toot my own horn- or win an "award" for the unseen things I do day in and day out. It would just be for me of course and probably hang in my sewing room, but what a fun way to celebrate the mundane/fun/random things that make us who we are! LOVE! Oooh, and what a fun thing to give to the ladies in my life who need a pat on the back for being the cool people that they are. This is such a great idea! I'm smiling just thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!