I had begun working on my partner's piece, and then this happened:
So I started completely over, complete with a new design. I just couldn't look at the old one! And this is what I came up with. . . (and it really wasn't crooked when laid out properly):
I stitched this piece on reclaimed linen, and used several new-to-me stitches, plus some of my favorite stitches with new/different strand counts. I really enjoyed making this piece, especially the french knots. Oh, how I love the french knots! But you already knew that. ;-)
Tomorrow, I'll post the calaveras series my daughter and I had made for the Mexican Kitsch Swap. Until then, I hope you have a wonderfully blessed and peaceful Sunday!