Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catch Up, Part 1

Let's play catch-up, shall we?  Blogger is acting so oddly this morning, that I'll break this into two posts.  My brain can only handle so much aggravation!  GRRR!

I received this sweet embroidered piece from prttynpnk in an Embroidery Swap back in March. . . .


I had begun working on my partner's piece, and then this happened:


So I started completely over, complete with a new design.  I just couldn't look at the old one!  And this is what I came up with. . . (and it really wasn't crooked when laid out properly):


I stitched this piece on reclaimed linen, and used several new-to-me stitches,  plus some of my favorite stitches with new/different strand counts.  I really enjoyed making this piece, especially the french knots.  Oh, how I love the french knots!   But you already knew that.  ;-)
 
Tomorrow, I'll post the calaveras series my daughter and I had made for the Mexican Kitsch Swap.  Until then, I hope you have a wonderfully blessed and peaceful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. oooh how disappointing when a piece gets ruined... :\ but I do like the new one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts