Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of The Office. (Office nerd is probably more accurate.) I recently participated in an Office swap over on Craftster, and thoroughly enjoyed crafting for it!

But first, my package from my sweet partner, madmommymia. . . .

Inspired by Booze Cruise. . . and I'll be wearing this badge to my zumba class!


My very own official Schrute Farms apron! (The beet is a pocket.)


A sweet Jim and Pam collage. . . . you can see more photos of this here. Definitely going to be hung in my office!


A reversible banner! We just might have to hold our own Dundies! (Although probably not at Chili's. . . .)


This side cracked me up! My hubby's birthday is coming up soon, and I'm going to surprise him with this. . . . (he doesn't read my blog!)


And here's what I made for her. . . .

My interpretation of the classic stapler-in-jello (pincushion!)

An apron (of course!) inspired by The Injury, one of the funniest episodes, ever. The pocket quotes Michael, "It's the perfect way to start the day!"

. . . with a little piece of embroidered bacon.

The inside of the pocket boasts a warning label. . . .

And finally, a messenger / diaper bag inspired by Product Recall:

The "fact," bear and beet were stencilled using the freezer paper technique. The bear, beet and text at the bottom were all embroidered.

I also made a little coffee sleeve, that had "shun" embroidered on one side, and "unshun" on the other. I'd probably choose "shun" myself, if it happens to be pre-coffee. I forgot to take a photo of this, though. I used this easy pattern in case you'd like to make yourself one, though!

Again, I really enjoyed this swap! Thank you, M., for swapping and organizing! :) Next, I'll keep working on a special custom order, and my Mexican Kitsch Swap!

2 comments:

  1. OMG - you made THE best ever Office crafts. My family are total Office Fans - for what we call the US Version!!
    I think I might commission a Bears eat beets bag from you - it is fantastic.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica is one of my most favourite quotes ever.
    YOU ARE AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love all of these but LOVE LOVE LOVE the stapler in jello! That is TOO clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!