Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter's wonders: First Snow embroidery pattern

We've been blessed with more snow this year than I've ever seen in a single year. Particularly odd for this region of Texas. I love to watch my little ones' awe, amazement and wonder at the quiet beauty of snow falling. I was inspired by them to create this simple embroidery piece.


I entered this embroidery piece in the January Design Challenge for Etsy Texas Crafters. This piece is stitched on reclaimed linen, with new and rescued floss. I mostly used 3 strands, and split stitch and french knots. A tiny bit of crayon tinting was used on his cheeks.


If you like this little design, and would like to stitch one up for yourself, please feel free to download yourself a free (and safe) copy. Enjoy!

Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo sweet--delightful design! Love that you reclaimed and rescued too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design, Connie. My favorite detail, the little footprints in the snow!

    Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it Connie, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so simple and sweet, i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts