Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lost and found

A few years ago, I dabbled a bit in jewelry and beads. . . actually, that was what reignited my love for arts and crafts. I had lost that passion for many years. In 2007, we packed up our home in Texarkana, and moved to the Dallas area. My beads and findings were lost in the move.

Until today! I just unpacked a box marked "home decor" that had been packed since the Texarkana house, and look what was at the very bottom, wrapped in a nondescript plastic bag:

I made this gypsy ring for my sister-in-law for her birthday that year, and was planning to mail it to her right after the move. . . . It's FINALLY on its way, Sis!

Very excited to find these, and just had to share. :)

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff!!! Hope you have fun getting reacquainted with your jewelry pliers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making discoveries like this!!! I need to clean my craft room so I can rediscover things I've lost! THe ring is beautiful, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so happy for you!

    Two moves ago I packed up a box that contained the basin my best friend made for my wedding in which my husband and I washed each others' feet in as part of the ceremony. That basin has been missing since that move. I'm really hoping as we settle and start unpacking that it will turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you would LOVE the open markets here in Italy. The jewlery both always has a big drawer full of odds and ends pieces that don't have a match. Great to go get new supplies!
    www.britsbitsofeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!