Monday, January 25, 2010

January Birthday Swap, part 3

A new bag design for a sweet birthday girl:

I used a fantastic reclaimed skirt for the outer fabric, and some cotton quilting fabric for the lining. I like this size -- about 10" by 13", and 4" deep.

Very roomy! And did you see the zipper pocket? A zipper pocket! I am so excited that I finally learned to insert one.

I did make a few design miscalculations in this bag, which I'll fix for the next time I make one. This bag was so easy and quick, I'll definitely be making more of these.

Now, I'm finishing a new man-bag design I've been working on. I hope to complete it tonight, and I'll be sure to share when I'm done -- if I can. My camera is on its last legs, and I'm hoping to squeeze a few more photos out of it before it completely dies. :(

PS. . . be sure to vote for your favorite January Design Challenge entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!