Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Birthday Swap, part 1


I know I said I was done with swaps. I'm weak. I signed up for the January Birthday Swap. . . hey, my birthday is in January, so it's a legitimate reason for swapping. Isn't it?

It's a neat swap -- you post a wish list, and other crafters choose items from your list and make them for you. As a birthday girl, I'm only required to choose one item to craft (but I've already chosen 2! Shhhh!) I've finished the first project:


I used this amazing pattern for a crochet hook roll. I almost want to take up crochet so I can have one of these! Actually, I really do want to learn to crochet. I've been given lessons, but my poor brain just can't seem to retain any of them.

The hook roll has a flap to protect the hooks, and keep them from falling out. I used reclaimed fabric for the poppy lining, and some scrap fabric for the exterior. I made the mistake of using too thick of an interfacing, so it's a little too padded. I'll know better next time.

I liked this pattern because it had the little pockets for needles, scissors and lots of hooks. . . .


The pattern was very easy to follow, and I highly recommend it! Now, I just hope the birthday girl likes this.

4 comments:

  1. oh, it's awesome! my knitting needle holder doesn't have a flap and needles are always sliding out and the scissor area on yours is just perfect! what a great little thing you made! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crochet hook roll!!! And happy birthday :)
    I haven't done a swap in sooooo lonnnnggggg. I should get back over to craftster and join one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just decided this weekend i need one of these. i was looking at my fabric last night. perfect. thanks! :-)

    coley

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!