Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting

I have been reflecting over the last few days about this past year. It was definitely a year of challenges and tests for our family. Christine's illness, my husband's months-long absences, a move, and loss which I had not yet shared here. . . it was a lot.

But it was also a year of awakening and blessings. I learned to appreciate our health, even when it is not quite perfect. There are so many others that have bigger crosses to carry.

I learned to appreciate my dear spouse, for all he does, for his hard work, for his loving care and support.

I learned to depend on friends and family, and was tremendously blessed by their love.


I learned to count my blessings, and see that I am truly a rich woman.

I hope and pray that you all have a blessed, happy and healthy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. you and your husband are *such* a great couple!! and your kiddos are gorgeous!! :0) bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. very heartfelt reflections on your past year. a blessed new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!