Thursday, December 31, 2009

My new friends


Why didn't I know about these guys sooner? Since I've been aquainted with the Jean-a-ma-jig / Hump Jumper, I no longer cringe at sewing over thick (denim) seams. My blood pressure thanks you.

My sweet daughter made this terrarium for me for Christmas. I love it.

A tiny handmade fairy relaxes on a toadstool. . . so peaceful. She now sits on my sewing desk.

And then there's Dwight Shrute -- to keep tabs on my slacker self. (Thanks, sweet husband!)

My sewing space is slowly coming together. Once I clear a couple of boxes, I should be settled in completely. I'll post pictures if that ever happens.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the tip, I have never heard of these, but they would come in handy sewing through all the layers and interfacing on the bags I make. I am a professional needle breaker =/
    Happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Dwight bobblehead, too! I have it on my desk at work, right next to my Michael bobblehead. Oh, if only they'd make a Jim one. I'd buy that in a heartbeat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx for letting us know about the jean-a-ma-jig! I'm going to get one TODAY! I sew on very thick seams in making upcycled felted bags and I go through a lot of needles. Dwight's bobble reminds me of my husband's desk--he has one too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts