Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just a little peek. . . . I'm so behind

Every year, I start with the best of intentions, even as early as October, hunting down patterns and tutorials, sketching plans, buying supplies. . . and then nothing. December comes, and I avoid looking at the untouched piles of fabric, balls of polyfil and unopened padded envelopes from Etsy suppliers stacked on the corner of my desk.

I'm very, very late in crafting our Christmas gifts this year. But I am determined to make a handmade gift for each of my Monkeys! I am keeping it simple, and am making gifts that I know my children will like. . . no risky, over-complicated plans this year.

I just began last night.

You can't go wrong with a ball for a toddler. Owen is getting this one, made from purl bee's free pattern. I doubled the size of the large ball pattern, so this ball is about 18" in diameter, and I used all scraps and/or recycled fabrics to construct it.



Last night, I also whipped up an apron and puffy chef's hat for Monkey 7, who loves to help cook, and who closely studies food magazines and cookbooks. He was tired of wearing his sister's girly pink apron, and asked me to make him a blue one, with flames. Well, I did not have flame fabric, so it's blue with ferocious dinosaurs. I'll be sure to post a photo of him wearing it. . . right now, it's under the tree.

Only 6 more crafty gifts to go. . . .

3 comments:

  1. I am SO confident that you will pull it off, you are so capable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that ball is adorable! My Bean needs one, thanks for the pattern :) Can't wait to see the apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an old orange sheet that I've been using up in projects. Too bad you didn't have one because you could appliqued some neato flames for your little one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!