Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What I finished last week when I should have been packing

I finished up my last swap last week. My sweet partner has received her shirts, so I thought I'd share what I sent.

I love this shirt! It's embellished with hand embroidery and felt applique. Yes, the bee on the right is upside down, and I'm going to say that I meant for that to happen.

I thought it would be fun to work with a couple of these layered shirts, instead of all plain shirts. More felt and fabric applique, with machine stitching. . . .

This next shirt is not really washed out or fuzzy or dirty. I have such a hard time photographing black and white! Plus, I'm having issues with my camera now. Maybe it was dropped. . . .

A little shirt celebrating being unique and special in a world that expects conformity. . . .
some stencils and fabric applique with machine stitching. . . .

More fabric applique and machine stitching, plus a little hand embroidery. . . .

This one is my favorite, and was the absolute easiest to do. . . . a simple stencil. . . .


Now most of my craft projects are packed, and all of my fabrics are as well. (Final count of boxes of fabric: 31.) I kept some embroidery floss and a piece of white cotton scrap fabric accessible, in case I need to craft something. I have a very special little project in the works, and I hope to share that with you sometime after the move.

I really must get to bed now, as another day of packing is already upon me!

2 comments:

  1. All of those shirts are fabulous!! What a lucky swap partner =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! Amazing job! Those are SOOOO cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts