Friday, September 4, 2009

Deeeelicious pumpkin cream cheese bread, and some news

News first. . . .

We're moving, for real this time, within the next 6 weeks or so. Or as soon we find a new home. I'm sure I'll have more to post on this later. And I'm sure you can't wait to hear about how I pack and move a household of 10, complete with action shots. :)

Now, the bread. . . .

If the photo is not enough to convince you, please take my word for it -- you really MUST try this recipe. It's very simple, and the pay-off is huge. It made 2 loaves, with pockets of cream cheese (cheese cake!) throughout. Very moist, and absolutely delicious.

The walnuts are on top of my bread, only because I forgot to add them to the batter. That's what I get for trying to house-hunt online and bake at the same time.

Just remember, if you buy the huge can of pumpkin (like I do), or make your own pumpkin puree, the smaller can (15 oz.) called for in the recipe is equivalent to 1 3/4 cups of pumpkin puree. Thanks to Olivia27 on Craftster for posting this fabulous recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I need to try that pumpkin bread as soon as possible!!! Those pictures are making me hungry hehe!! xoxox Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better start packing now!!

    Your bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! That looks so delicious, I'll be saving some pumpkin puree for that one!

    Blessings,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!