Saturday, August 15, 2009

My tropical vacation

I'm taking a vacation. Somewhere tropical. Hawaii, probably.

I'm taking this huge bag with me. . . it should hold everything I could ever dream of, and then some.


I had better check for stowaway Monkeys, especially of the chunky, dimpled, red-haired variety.

Nope, just some adorable, one-of-a-kind hand-stamped monkey fabric!

I'll need a journal, for sketching and writing and doodling.


I'm particularly fond of this hand-painted, adjustable fabric journal cover:


A photo album is a must. . . .

A lovely silk scarf, a pair of fun flip-flops and a handmade necklace are all necessities for my trip:

Some mesh bags, for containing wet, sandy things. . . .

Some summer reading (not shown, as I've already begun my reading) and a sweet crocheted bookmark. . . .

A pair of bright, cheery towels to hang in my kitchen. . . .


Wait, kitchen towels on vacation in Hawaii?

Ahhh. See, my tropical vacation is going to be virtual this summer. My dear friend made me this lovely at-home-getaway package. (Thank you SO much, PY! Everything is perfect.)

I'm going to enjoy it with my sweet Monkeys, going as far as our neighborhood pool, with lots of relaxing at home thrown in for good measure.

Really, that's all I want.

2 comments:

  1. Stellar swap package! That scarf is beautiful!

    I've got the swap itch now . . . haven't done one in eons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtfully put together. Enjoyed reading this post and you fooled me. I thought you were really going on a vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!