Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Christmas in July, part 2... and please VOTE!

YES!

My dear sister didn't want to ship this to her next destination, and asked if I would like to have it. I offered to "store" it for her, until she needs it. ((((SO excited!))))

And my sweet friend, Sophie, sent this adorable pincushion to me a little while back (along with some delicious Tim Tams for Christine, which are loooong gone). . . .

I am sorry I'm just now posting this, Sophie. It's sitting right next to my machine, and I have been putting it to good use! It's perfect. Thank you!

Time to VOTE!

Our Etsy Texas Crafters street team is hosting its monthly Design Challenge! The theme is Summer Magic, and there are quite a few submissions for this month's challenge. Please take a moment or two and vote here for your favorite Summer Magic entry. Here's my submission for the challenge. . . .


I remember sitting on my grandparents' back porch with all of my cousins and siblings, cooling down on a hot summer evening with a huge slice of watermelon. As the fireflies began to blink about in the yard, we always had a seed-spitting contest, which always quickly escalated into a seed-spitting war. This is such a fond memory from my childhood, and is what had inspired me to create this little pincushion for my shop.

Again, please take a moment and vote for your favorite Summer Magic entry! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. connie. i havent been upto commenting much. but i do visit every now and then. :)

    i will make it up by voting :)

    have a lovely cool summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did it :) i voted for your lovely pincushion. also the other (last entry) watermelon custom napkin was neat-o. but i voted for you!

    have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.....great serger! I'd be happy to 'store' that one too. Sorry I missed the voting for the Texas Street Team. Your pin cushion looks good enough to eat!

    --Crafty Dad
    www.blog.craftydad.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!