Tuesday, May 19, 2009

These should be outlawed

These Oreo Truffles are dangerous.

Yes, they taste more amazing than you could imagine. They are so good, that when my hubby took some to work, one of his employees offered to buy them from him.

And they are so simple to make. My daughters made them for us without any supervision. For dipping the truffles, they used the chocolate and white almond bark. They melted the bark right in the microwave --- easy! I imagine these would be really good with a few drops of peppermint extract in them, too.

I think these just won a spot on our Must-Make list for Christmas this year!

Many thanks to SwellDesigner for sharing this fantastic recipe on her blog!

3 comments:

  1. Connie...my husband said they had some at his work one day and he loved them. For his birthday, his boss made him some (his boss is a woman)...I tried them and immediately gagged! I hated them.....At first! But I ate another, just to be sure...and there was something good in there...I couldn't quite place my finger on it...the next day, I ate another..and hey...those aren't so bad...I'll just try one more.

    Soon, I hate to admit, I was addicted to them. I love them now. It's bad, huh? It's bad because when you eat one, you have to eat another...and another...and my big ol' rear end really doesn't need any help in getting bigger. HAHA.
    I haven't made any myself. I just cannot do that to myself...I. MUST. STAY.STRONG.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the picture, I thought they were cake balls, which coincedently, I had just made for the first time this past weekend. The cake balls were awesome!!! Now I'll have to try the oreo truffles. Guess I'll never loose that 10 pounds, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!