Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm going to do it!

A refashioned / reconstructed hoodie, made by my sister, and modeled by Monkey 3

My sister sent me a link yesterday to Wardrobe Refashion, and dared me to take "the pledge." The pledge is where you promise not to purchase any new, manufactured clothing for a certain period of time. You can pledge for 2, 4 or 6 months, or for life. I almost had an anxiety attack, imagining having to sew myself an entirely new wardrobe. (Apparently, I didn't read the rules correctly.) My sister calmed me down a bit, and explained to me that we already do this, since you can even purchase thrifted clothing! Right up my alley.

I'm going to sign up for the 4-month pledge (and so is my sister!) How about you? Are you with me? Leave a comment if you're going to take the jump! Sign-ups don't start until June 15th, so you have a little bit of time to convince yourself that you can do this. I'll try to remind us all later to sign-up, too!

If you need a little inspiration, be sure to browse the blog section that showcases all the lovely things people are refashioning! Can't wait!


And how fabulous is the lining fabric in that hoodie my sister made? Um, yeah -- a thrift store find! I'm so jealous of her thrift stores.

5 comments:

  1. I signed up two weeks ago for six months! It rocks - it's helping me to actually DO some of the stuff I have good intentions for, and giving me courage to try. I'll look forward to seeing your posts when you join. Here's a peek at my last post if you want to look,

    http://nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/2009/05/goodbye-tablecloth-hello-lesley-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tempting...

    Can I still buy bras? Because I need bras... really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read wardrobe refashion and have been thinking about it for a long time. It's scary though, I seem to never be able to find stuff for me at thrift stores and I am too scared to sew a pair of pants for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a challenge! People who sew are braver than those of us who dont! ~Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, I m loving Wardrobe refashion, im taking the pledge! I think Ill start with 2 months and see ow taht goes, I need a new wardrobe for m next semester!
    Ohh and the hoodie your sister made is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts