Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blessings and good news

I cannot thank you enough for the loving support and prayers you have bestowed upon my family, and especially upon my daughter, Christine. Your kind words, emails, comments -- all buoy us up when we start to feel down. Thank you. You are truly blessings.

More blessings. . . .

Christine's case was chosen for grand rounds tomorrow morning! HUGE blessing. There will be about 40 doctors there (at Children's in Dallas) to examine her, ask questions, and to review and research her case. Perhaps we're getting closer to an answer. . . ?

Mostly good news from her ophthalmologist visit yesterday. . . the fluid behind her retina has gone down quite a bit, and many of her lab tests came back yesterday -- all negatives! Praise God! She does still have some inflammation behind her eye, and the eye pain returned yesterday, so she was given another medication for this, which she is tolerating well so far.

Christine is quite a strong young lady. Very strong-willed. (We learned that very early in her young life!) But during this trial, she has revealed a quiet determination, a firm resolve, a grace, that I didn't know she had. I have been pleasantly surprised by this, and admire her for it. Another blessing.

I think this is a blessing, too. . . .

A virtual stranger chose me for an unusual swap on Craftster. She created this awesome package for me. . . .

My favorite! I just love this shirt.

A reversible coffee cozy, and a needle book. . . .

How cute is this needle book! Check out those petal-pages!


Totally brightened my day! Thank you so much, Kayleigh! :)

And thanks, again, for all the prayers. . . . please keep 'em coming!

3 comments:

  1. That is such wonderful news about Christine. I read those medical links yesterday and it sounded so serious and so unusual (sorry I didn't comment). Hopefully Christine will get some relief, an explaination and a cure.

    What a beautiful child she is, you and your husband must be so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some positive news. Praying for the best for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! That is such good news Connie! I hope your Monkey 2 is back to normal really soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!