Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pincushiony goodness

Another pincushion swap, you say? Of course. I swapped pincushions with the lovely anastrophe, and she made me the most adorable octopi!

I don't think I could stick pins in this pair. . . .


. . . but they will be guarding my sewing area and supervising production.

She said she used this pattern, which I MUST check out and try my hand at a few of these cuties!

The post office website says my pincushion was delivered to my partner, so I'm going to go ahead and show you what I made for her. She's a gardening enthusiast, and has little bunnies hopping about, so I went with that theme:

The sides are made from a recycled sweater cuff, and I dotted tiny sprouting plants across the rows. . . it reminded me of a new little garden.

The bunny is a fancy pin, so it can hop about the garden wherever it pleases.



I hope she likes it! I had a lot of fun making this for her.

And a special thank-you. . . .

To the lovely Karen Fields, who featured my mini-sachets on her blog today! Please drop by her blog (and especially her Etsy shop) -- pure, sweet eye candy. Thanks, Karen!

5 comments:

  1. the underside of the octopi is just wonderful! and the garden pincushion is also just as adorable. the carrots on top are my favorite part. reminds me a little of old winnie the pooh story books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I quickly ran over to anastrophe's page to see if she had a shop where she sold those octopi, no luck.
    I really love the garden one you made for her, SO sweet. Its making me think its time to trade in my dog mauled dollar store tomato pincushion for something a bit more classy.
    (Yes my dog loves to get a hold of the pincushion whenever she get's a chance, she likes to pull the pins out one by one with her teeth.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh!! I want one of those bunny pincushions. How much would you charge? It is absolutely freakin' adorable!!! :0) (I am a huge bunny-lover)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love both! And that tiny little bunny you made is so cute - you outdid yourself in this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I know I say this with every one one of your pin cushions but this one is my favourite, it is SO CUTE!! I love that bunny, and the carrots, it's a work of art!

    The octopii are so sweet, they need some googly eyes or something.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts