Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meet my nemesis, the embroidered apron

I fought with this fabric for weeks.

It needed to become an apron for this apron swap I had joined a while back. It was perfect for my partner -- it had both dots and stripes, and spring-y, rainbow-y colors, all of which were her preferences. But these colors are an odd palette, I think. . . ? Every other fabric I put next to this fabric was just awful. Too much, not enough. Too busy, too plain. And then, the question of what to embroider? (It was an embroidery swap, after all.)

I finally, after many, many pairings and headaches, came up with this:

My partner said she liked it. WHEW.

The katamari applique became a cute needlebook (in the top corner):

And the apron is reversible, too. The reverse side was made from reclaimed fabrics -- two skirts. (Thanks for the photos, Lethargic!)

And a sweet mention. . . .

This sweet lady mentioned my sachets over on her site, ChristyNelson.net. Christy has some really neat tutorials on her site (her embroidered eco-bag is so cute!) and sponsors fun monthly craft challenges. Be sure to visit her site and say hello! (Thanks, Christy!)

5 comments:

  1. Those pockets are perfect, and so cute. I've just found your blog via Little Eco Footprints, and it's wonderful, just the inspiration I needed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the rainbows in these creations that you made. what a lucky swap partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in love with that pear! It looks so cute and so timid! That really is a wonderful apron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some really pretty fabric I am so glad that you persevered with it because the final product is just adoreable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out wonderfully! You did a great job on it...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!