Friday, April 24, 2009

HAPPY ETSY DAY!


Today is the first ever Etsy Day! Sellers on Etsy have united to spread the word about the return to simpler times, the handmade movement and supporting artisans both locally and globally -- all embraced by Etsy.

Why do I love Etsy as a buyer?
  • I love to connect with the artist, who cares about his or her products and the people who purchase them.
  • I love that the items are handcrafted, with time, talent and care.
  • I love that the items are unique and the prices are reasonable.
  • I love supporting another artistan, as opposed to a big box store.

Why do I love Etsy as a seller?

  • I get to connect with so many people on a personal level -- people all over the country, all over the world, that I would probably never have the chance to meet otherwise. I've even been blessed with some awesome friendships this way!
  • I am able to serve people, and share my talents and imagination with them.
  • I learn so much from my buyers -- new ideas, new color schemes, new designs.
  • I am blessed to be able to help support my family.
  • I love the community of other Etsy sellers! They are a huge support system, and I have made many dear friends in this community.

Thank you, Etsy!

For those of you who have not heard of or visited Etsy before, please check us out, and be sure to tell your friends and family!

You'll love Etsy, too.

2 comments:

  1. I heart Etsy so much! I am on there everyday and have purchased many, many things. It is the first place I go to if we need something (I am now searching for a new wallet)and I am so happy that it exists.
    Thanks for your beautiful contributions to the crafting world.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!