Thursday, March 5, 2009

More fabric, a new tote and a very cute blog

First, the fabric!

A week ago, I stumbled across this little craft supply and fabric shop, Crafter's Vision, while looking for some Michael Miller and Amy Butler fabrics. Of course, I peeked into the fabric Sale section first, and was amazed at their prices! $2.50 for Michael Miller Sea Life!? Are you kidding me?

Of course, they're sold out of that now, and I, being an idiot that day, did not jump all over that deal. How cute would some little summery pajama/lounge pants be for the littlest Monkeys? GRRR!

Today, I did purchase 8 yards of Michael Miller, Alexander Henry and Robert Kaufman fabrics for a paltry $28. . . not bad, right? Pajama pants, here I come! I'll be sure to post pics later.

The fabrics in their sale section seem to change quite a bit. When I first visited the site last week, there were 5 pages of sale fabrics; today there are 2. And if you still need convincing, can you believe this Micheal Miller Pistachio Patti Paisley is only $4.50?! I paid almost double that last summer!


A new tote. . . .

I finally had a moment to press my latest tote this afternoon, and was able to take some pictures:

It's constructed from a pair of deep brown denim jeans, some sweet Alexander Henry Bird Seed fabric, and a pretty coordinating shirt for the handles and lining.

And a very cute blog. . . .

Chelsea, over at Paper*Cakes Finds, mentioned my mini-cupcake pincushion on her blog today.

Her blog is adorable! Please drop by for today's super-sweet dose of cupcake goodness (and other too-cute finds!) Thanks, Chelsea!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the heads up on that great website, those prices are so cheap. I hope postage to Australia isn't too steep.

    I love your new birdseed tote, birdseed is one of my all time fave fabrics!

    Congratulations on another pin cushion mention! I really think everyone in the world should own one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of those of you who can sew! I absolutely love fabrics (you're killing me with the prices and the pictures) but, once I buy it I can't do a thing with it! *sigh*. Oh, to have the talent and vision to see a pair of pajama pants in a swatch of fabric~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ...

    i was wondering if you could send along your email address to me so that I can include you in the password for the new (blog) home.
    threegreenpeas@gmail.com

    p.s. lovely fabric and tote!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't sew much on the machine, but seeing all of your fabrics makes me want to! :0)

    I am starting to really love the Kawaii fabrics I keep seeing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!