Saturday, March 28, 2009

He's a robot! Arrested Development, part 2

I really had a lot of fun crafting and sewing for my partner in the Arrested Development Swap! She likes Michael and Buster (my personal favorites, too (plus Lucille)) so I decided to make her a couple of these:


I made my own stencils from photographs. . .
. . . using the freezer paper stencil technique (listed on the left.) I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I see a few mistakes, but I hope they're not too noticeable. I used a split stitch to do the embroidery. And how cute is that rick rack?!? And did you know that rick rack, especially in dark colors, is an endangered species? I had to go to four different stores to find it!

I also made my partner some grocery totes, using this fabulous tutorial:

The designs were stenciled, then embroidered. The banana was inspired by Lucille's assumption that a banana would cost about $10. The canned ham was inspired by Hot Ham Water, famously made by Lindsay and served to Buster (in an ashtray, of course.) The little blurb quotes Buster's analysis of Hot Ham Water, "Watery, with a smack of ham!"

And finally, a little Loose Seal pincushion:


An update on relocating. . . .

Not going to happen any time soon. I'm actually pretty relieved. And so glad I only packed up two rooms. Hubby comes home tomorrow to stay, and work locally! (Well, a 20 minute commute, but it's better than 3 hours away!) YAY! Maybe now I'll have more time to update my blog a bit more regularly. ;)

3 comments:

  1. wow!! love all these!!
    i am very impressed with your freezer paper talents--nice details!

    mmmm...hot ham water!

    you know one thing that never happened on that show that i fully expected-- they should have totally had a shark jumping scene. i mean with all those happy day alums and the show getting the ax. i really expected bob loblaw or barry to be jumping a shark. but no. maybe in the future if they have a reunion show. (a girl can dream, right?)

    you are inspiring, lady of many many talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I'm Joy and I have an organizing blog - I came across your blog while I was googling for a sock basket image - I just love your post about not sorting socks anymore - can I use as a guest post on my blog? We are talking about laundry rooms this week and It would be great! Check out my site and leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Arrested Development. I was just watching some today as I had a sick day. I love the "loose seal" pincushion - you even included the yellow tie! Solid as a rock!

    And I still love my laundry kit. My clothes smell so good, and those dryer balls are great. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts