Thursday, February 5, 2009

Swap goodies = stress relievers

What perfect timing! Such a stressful week, and then some lovely swap packages arrived in the mail!

I participated in an Embroidered Valentine Towel Swap on Craftster. I was really nervous about signing up, as I'd never embroidered a tea towel before, and these ladies really know their embroidery! (I'll show you my towel after my partner receives it.)

My new, and very, very sweet friend, Anary, made this lovely tea towel for me!


Her stitches are just beautiful! I love all of the sweet little details and fun dots and hearts:


Another requirement of the swap was one little thing, such as a pincushion or needlebook. Well, Anary made me the cutest little handbag pincushion!

Again, she has crazy-good embroidery skills. Check out that tiny pocket!

And it is weighted, too! Oh, and to top it all off, she made me this nifty notepad:


How cool is that? Thank you so much, Anary! You've been the perfect swap partner and organizer!

Oh, more goodies. . . .

I also participated in another pincushion swap, and my lovely partner, melba, sent me this adorable fishy pincushion!

Hee-heee! The little fish-pucker is just too cute! I really love the embroidery she used for the eyes -- I could never attempt that much satin stitching! It looks great.


And she's a whopper! Thank you so much, melba! I'm so happy we were partners!

And a very heartfelt thank-you....

. . . to all of you who left such kind comments about and for my son. I truly appreciate your prayers and support. I'll keep you posted.
Monkey 4 update:
CT scans tomorrow morning, 10 am. Prayers would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Your new goodies are wonderful!! I'm jealous!!

    My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Monkey 4. I have a friend whose daughter was born with an orthopedic condition that will probably follow her through her whole life. I've done what I could to help my friend through several orthopedic surgeries with her daughter beginning at age 3. I'm sorry your family and Monkey 4 are having to go through this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!