Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good morning!

What are you wearing there, muffin?


OK, I sorta stole that from Jim Gaffigan (OH, I love that guy!) But these butterscotch muffins are soooo good, and super-easy to make, you have to try them!

Butterscotch Muffins
adapted by me from a Better Homes and Gardens recipe

Oven: 400 degrees
Yield: 10 - 12 muffins

1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butterscotch chips (1/2 of a 10 oz. bag)
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
handful of rolled oats
  1. Spray twelve 2.5" muffin cups with non-stick vegetable spray (or line with paper baking cups;) set aside.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butterscotch chips. Make a well in the center of this dry mixture, and set aside.
  3. In another mixing bowl, (honestly, I just dump it all in the one bowl, but who am I to tell BHG how to bake) combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture.
  4. Stir JUST til moistened (batter will still be lumpy!) I watched Alton Brown talk about muffins once, and he said to stir it no more than 20 strokes, and then force yourself to walk away. He's right.
  5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
  6. Sprinkle each muffin with some rolled oats. . . . a little sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar is amazing, too.
  7. Bake in a 400 degree oven, for 20 minutes or until golden.
  8. Cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes, then remove.
  9. Serve warm, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That looks so yum! I have never seen butterscotch chips in the supermarket though...maybe I could hack up butterscotch sweets??

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have a red Kitchenaid mixer... I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yummy, will have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie, I'd send you some if I thought customs would allow them... what do you think?

    Thanks, Rhymes With Magic! That was a surprise from my sweet hubby last year. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!