Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dia de los Muertos pincushion, many thanks, and too much to do

Somehow, I found time to make a pincushion for the pincushion swap on Craftster:

Her head and bodice are the pincushion-y parts, and her apron is for storing needles. Her arms are posable, too!

There is a jar for storage underneath her skirt.

And I made my first-ever "fun" pin -- the rose in her hair! My partner really liked it -- I'm so glad. I was really nervous about it, as it is very different from most of my other pincushions. I'll be making one more for a private swap in a week or so (I'm getting an apron! YAY!) so I'll make up a tutorial for anyone that's interested, and post it then.

Many thanks. . . .

My sweet friend, Sophie, gave me this little blog award, which I do not feel I deserve. But this made my day!
"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

Sophie, you deserved this award for sure. I look forward to reading your blog every day -- your family, your crafts, your finds, your thoughts. So beautiful and lovely to read. Thank you.

I want to pass this along. . . .

. . . to Amy, at Mia Sophia's Day, who works very hard to make her little corner of the world beautiful and happy through kind words and lovely creations.

. . . to Jenn, at Long Adventures, who lives consciously and carefully, and shares her thoughts and her sweet family's adventures with us.

. . . and to Jenn, at Barefoot in Tennessee, an amazing, strong homeschooling mom of 6, who treasures and nourishes her beautiful family and shares that journey through her blog.

Another thanks. . . .

To my crafty friend, Stacy! She recently nominated me for this cool award:


Thanks, Stacy! (And I'm sorry it took me so long to thank you!)

Too much to do. . . .

Sick monkey:
Owen is STILL sick. He only ran a low-grade fever for one afternoon, over a week ago, but he is still not sleeping, still not eating solids (much), and still cranky. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and it looks like he has a really bad sinus infection, and maybe an ear infection about to brew. Poor baby. Some antibiotics should help him feel better very soon. I hope.

Husband news:
My hubby had to go out of town again for awhile; we don't know for how long. What we do know is. . . .

Promotion:
. . . since he was promoted, he will have to relocate within the next 4 - 6 weeks (at the most.) Where? We don't know yet.

Guess who gets to pack?

4 comments:

  1. I love your new pin cushion - she is so lovely, looks like she is singing opera in the first shot! Very clever, Connie - your imagination is boundless.
    Poor Owen, I so hope the antibiotics kick in soon, he must be feeling awful.
    I hope the move is exciting, but I can imagine, packing up the lives of 10 people is a huge task, wish I was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing up...thank you for the compliments! :0)
    You're moving!?! Where?? Let me know when you find out (would it be out-of-state or in another city??)
    Also, sorry your baby is sick, that's the worst!!

    And finally, LOVE the pincushion....it's kind of creepy but that is what is so neat about it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals -- Owen is feeling MUCH better already! :)

    Jenn, I'm not exactly sure where we're moving yet, but 99% sure it will still be in Texas. At least that's what we're hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I can't wait to see the tutorial. I have a friend who will *LOVE* this!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts