Monday, February 9, 2009

Blessings and ramblings

I was blessed to have a pincushion on the front page of Etsy this weekend -- not once . . .

. . . but twice!


Thanks to the admin for choosing my water lily pincushion, and to Vision Quest, who chose my umbrella pincushion! (Psst -- check out Vision Quest's shop: this is so pretty!)

And ramblings. . . .

I wish I had something interesting to show you today. With all that's going on, my mind is on the fritz and a coherent thought is hard to come by. I wonder if I'm the only one. . . .?

My swap projects are all behind schedule, and my house is a mess. We have Monkey 4's CT scan results and consultation this afternoon, so I'll keep you posted on that, too.

Boy, that sounds whiny. I'm sorry -- it wasn't meant to be. I think it was more of a list of things-to-do-today. (Oh, and don't forget to stop by the library.)

I'm currently rocking baby Owen, who is now a hefty 23 pounds, and who is sweaty and sleeping soundly. I'd better go lay him down, and get some sleep for a bit. Everything else will wait 'til later. I'll talk to you later, my friends. . . .

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You do such beautiful work that I'm not surprised you keep ending up on the front page! I just listed some of the wallets I made and am excited to finally be a part of Etsy.

    My prayers are going with you and Monkey 4 that the CT results don't show any more complications than theere already are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for your son. Thank goodness he didn't hit his head!

    Short story that will make you feel so blessed: I have a very accident prone brother. When he was 13 he fell on his head at scout camp and had to be life flighted to a hospital. Over the next few years he suffered from grand maul seizures brought on by the head injury. The seizures had some long term effects because now he has short term memory loss. Once the seizures were solved a friend of his shot him in the eye with a paintball gun (he thought it was empty) and now he his blind in one eye. Before all this he had severe ADHD to deal with. He's graduated high school but he still has to take some adult ed classes to catch up with all the stuff he missed due to his injuries in high school.

    A knee sucks, and as the saying goes, it could always be so much worse. We were afraid for a very long time that my brother was going to die. We're so blessed that the half blind, forgetful accident prone kid is still around to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..i have been MIA lately, but thinking of you. tc.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!