Friday, January 16, 2009

My first craft fair, and a cool mention

I signed up today for my very first craft fair! I had been reluctant to try one in the past, mostly because of the huge fees for some ($250 for the dinky booth) and I would hate to sit in a booth alone. I'm really shy, and it's very, very draining for me to make small talk. (Funny, it's easy here.)

Today, I received a convo from Funky Finds about a Spring Fling they've put together in Ft. Worth. The more I read about it, the more I wanted to give it a try. It seems like a good fit for me -- cool sponsors (Dallas Craft Mafia and Sublime Stitching,) other neat and reputable vendors, a low entry fee, good venue, and not very far from my home. It's also the first year for this event. Some vendors may be turned off by that -- not enough traffic. But this suits me fine for my first try, and to see if I like this sort of thing.

Oh, what about sitting alone in my booth? Problem solved! I invited my sisters to join me in this endeavor, and they accepted. Even if I didn't make any sales, I know I would have a ridiculously fun time with my crazy sisters.

And a cool mention. . . .

Mike mentioned my eco-friendly dryer sachets and wool balls in his recent post, Toss Those Harmful Dryer Sheets in the Trash. I learned a lot in the article -- very informative! Please drop by and pay him a visit. (Thanks for the shout-out, Mike!)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic - you will have so much fun, can't wait to see pics of your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out! It's amazing what they put in every-day items like dryer sheets. Scary stuff.

    Best wishes on lots of sales on your Etsy shop. You have some reallllly great stuff.

    I've added you to my blogroll.

    Have a great weekend!

    mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped over to read Mike's article. Wow! I love how he called you "the gal from Texas". Luv it! I need to try those dryer balls...With a kid with sensitive skin and asthma it never occurred to me that dryer sheets could add to her problems.

    Oh, good luck at the show! Let us know how it goes! I've always been hesitant because of the credit card issues (taking them I mean). Anyway, have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts