Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crafting a Green World feature! and a contest



I'm so excited!!! I was just featured on Crafting a Green World -- what a perfect fit for my shop! You can read the feature here. (Thanks, Becky!)

And a contest:

Singer is sponsoring a Sewing With Nature Contest. The main rules state that the item must be sewn with a sewing machine and be "organic." The "organic" part is open to interpretation, so I submitted my Gathering... Everything tote:

It's completely constructed from reclaimed and rescued fabrics. The leaf appliques were all free-hand cut, then machine appliqued.



The tote is very roomy. While I worked on it, I envisioned family picnics, trips to the farmers market or library, apple-picking. These are all activities that gather loved ones together, while gathering necessities and treasures. Practical and beautiful.

The deadline for entering the contest is February 4th. Oh, did I mention one of the prizes is a new, fancy SINGER sewing machine?!? And be sure to check out the Flickr pool for the entries!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Connie!! That feature was very cool!!! Congrats!!
    Plus I hope you win the sewing machine. That would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that tote, I hope it wins you a new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I love the bag and I hope you win the contest! I think it's a great way to recycle old clothing. I have a huge bucket of corduroy pants just waiting for a project like this.
    By the way I enjoyed browsing through your blog, you have some great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!