Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two new pincushions, gorgeous fabrics, and another day-brightener!

I was recently making some wrist pincushions for a large order, so I made up a few extra for my shop. They're so much fun to make! This one came together by accident. I had planned the cuff in completely different patterns and colors, but just randomly set the pincushion down on this cuff instead. A happy accident!


This one has a pretty, rich brown cuff. That gorgeous brown paisley fabric is Pistachio Patti Paisley, by Michael Miller. I purchased it from fabricsupplies on Etsy. A great guy to work with, and very reasonable prices!


Speaking of gorgeous fabrics. . . .

I haven't bought any lately, but I did buy this a few weeks ago from modfabric's shop (also on Etsy):

Again, a lovely shop to work with! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It reminds me of Hawaii.

Have you seen Heather Ross' Menocino line? Ohhhhh. My new favorite fabric set:
It comes in such great colorways! That's the only reason I haven't bought any yet -- I can't decide which colors I want!
Another day brightener. . . .
Today I received a lovely package from laideebugz from the Fill A Mug Swap on Craftster!

I just love the batik fabrics she used, and the rich colors, too. Those fingertip oven mitts in the back are so neat -- my daughters were especially impressed with those! Some coasters, a java jacket, little drawstring bags, and that awesome pyramid bag were all crafted by my sweet partner! Then, those were all stuffed with coffees, cocoa, and apple cider -- yum! I'm sipping the pumpkin spice coffee now from my new coffee mug. Who needs Starbucks?!? Thanks so much, G.!

Monkey 2 update. . . .

Today was the first day in 4 weeks that she did not wake up crying in pain. Seems like the antibiotics are working so far.

6 comments:

  1. wow. what awesome fabrics. truly its hard to choose! impressed with the sweet wrist band pin cushions! the brown fabric is beautiful!

    gald to know monkey 2 is feeling better in days! :) hope all this makes things easier for u too connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know how I feel about your pin cushions, everything you make is beautiful.

    I am so pleased monkey 2 is better, what a relief for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MERMAID FABRIC!!! LOVE!! you always find the best fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Monkey 2 is better!!!

    I voted in the early voting and no one gave me a button :(
    I want a button too.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh connie. thank you so much for the package of my sachets. i loved it. u really didnt have to include another one for the assumed "inconvenience". its none at all! i was just eagerly awaiting it thats all :)

    thank you soooo much.i will post bout it soon! :) love ya. they are beautiful!!

    hope alls well at ur end. thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked them, keyomi! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!