But are you lazy like me? Then you may want to take a few of the shortcuts I did. . . .
- The recipe tells you to put this bowl or that ingredient in the freezer or refrigerator. If you have lots of time to do that, great. I didn't do any of that, and our scones turned out great.
- I never buy cake flour, so I just used all-purpose flour. Just remember to pour your flour into your measuring cup -- never scoop it. My cook book also says to subtract 2 tablespoons of flour per cup of all-purpose to substitute for cake flour -- I didn't mess with that, either.
- I always double my spices!
- The recipe calls for butter. . . . I didn't have any on hand. I just used margarine (not spread!) and I softened it in the microwave.
- Heavy cream? Never. I just used sweetened condensed milk and omitted the brown sugar. Then, I added water to get the correct consistency of the dough.
I'll try to take some photos next time I make these. Gotta be quick around here!